- First of all, kindly enlighten us about your business.
We at Buzet India do goal oriented digital smarking, when i say smarketing, its sales and marketing working in tandem for a common goal, i.e. revenue
- What inspired you to go for this area of business?
Initially I started as a technopreneur and developed websites and web based applications. And in the initial days having an online platform was enough and you didn’t need to do a lot of marketing. So marketing is essential now and hence a lot of opportunity to serve.
Also, a lot of SAAS companies have come up and custom web development is not much in demand. Thigs which we used to develop for a lakh rupees are available for 2000 rupees a month now 🙂 It was time to move on so this move.
- What are all the challenges you faced and how you overcame them?
In our field, the main challenge is getting skilled manpower and it’s still a challenge. A digital marketing company obviously needs marketers and not just people who can run ads. So a person who knows how to run ads is not a digital marketer as per me.
Second challenge is, how business owners perceive marketing or digital marketing as.
A very good example is lets say in a tier 3 city, opening a mobile shop was enough and now Amazon is your competitor. So you need marketing. You need to create awareness. And every marketing effort does not translate to revenue immediately or directly.
- Share with us the achievements of your company in the industry so far?
We started with small projects, as Buzet (came from the word Budget), focuses on providing affordable web and digital marketing services in your budget. We served more than 150 clients in the last two years.
Major achievement will be serving six funded startups with annual turnover of more than 3 crores.
Two ecom ventures who take in min 50 lakhs in revenue per month.
Also, Working a preschool chain with 690 branches, an edutech with 80 branches to name a few.
- What are all your future plans for your business?
Developing a product which small businesses can use to grow their business.
- In the crowd of different businesses, how do you differentiate your business ?
We focus on sales, not just leads.
- Do you feel you have achieved what you dream of?
Its ever changing and i keep following new goals and targets.
- What are all the improvements you suggest in the area of Business you are in?
Educating both the workforce, and target audience (business owners) about marketing as a whole, and how it works is important.
9. Any piece of advice for budding entrepreneurs?
- Focus one thing at a time
- Don’t start an entreprise to earn money (only)
- Focus on learning and to be more specific experiential learning
- Knowledge of communication, team management and financial management is equally important. Dont miss it.
- Having an accountability partner, mentor is also imp