News

MSME Schemes Launched By Government For Women Entrepreneurs

Women Entrepreneurship is gaining momentum in India but still has a long way to go. India consists of 13.76% of women of the total entrepreneurs, according to data released by Startup India. The Indian ecosystem of Micro, Medium and Small Enterprises (MSME). The MSME ecosystem consists of creative and innovative ideas for addressing a variety of problems.

 

While the number of women is relatively less as compared to the number of male entrepreneurs. There are only 8 million women entrepreneurs and males have crossed 50 million mark in the business world of India.

To address the problem of women entrepreneurship, Central Government and State Government have introduced many financial schemes for micro-units which is aim at boosting and transforming Women Entrepreneurship in India and to encourage more women to join in the world of entrepreneurship.

Trade-Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and  Development Scheme

This scheme is launched with the vision of women empowerment by issuing credits to their projects. Under this scheme, training and counselling are also organize for women to teach them various skills and prepare them for future endowments.

The scheme provides for a government grant of up to 30 per cent of the total project cost as appraised by lending institutions. These institutions would finance the other 70 per cent.
Mahila Udyam Nidhi Scheme

Mahila Udyam Nidhi Scheme

Mahila Udyam Nidhi (MUN) Scheme is a scheme offered under Small industrial Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to encourage and empower women entrepreneurs and promote women Entrepreneurship by providing financial assistance of 10 lakh to set up a new venture at concessional interest rates.

Annapurna Scheme

This scheme is specifically for women who take up food-related business for food catering units. The loan can be issued of up to 50,000 to purchase kitchen equipment, utensils and water filters. A guarantor is required to secure the loan. The loan is available to be paid in a total of 36 instalments.

Stree Shakti Package For Women Entrepreneurs

This scheme is run and managed by SBI.  It is a unique scheme, aimed at supporting entrepreneurs among women by providing them certain concessions.

An enterprise should have more than 50% of its share capital owned by women to qualify for the scheme. This scheme has proved out to be very beneficial for women.

Dena Shakti Scheme

This scheme offers up to Rs 20 Lakh loan for women entrepreneurs who participates in agriculture, manufacturing, microcredit, retail stores or any allied business-related activities. 0.25 per cent concession is given on rate of interest. Below 50,000 loans are offered under Micro Credit category.

 

About the author

Unnati Saxena

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *